Microwave Absorbing Textile Covers
Laird integrates microwave absorbing or reflecting properties into custom covers, screens and other textile products to fit different application needs.
Applications for these products include:
– Test blankets for shipboard EMI
– Diagnostics for PCS antenna installations
– Covers for radomes, hangar doors or other ship articles
– Covers for guns, turrets or other vehicle articles
– Tents and equipment housings
– Personnel clothing and covers
– Cushions and boat articles
Many of these products are based upon Laird RFRET foam material. RFRET is open-celled lightweight foam, which is flexible and provides excellent broadband microwave absorption. The absorber can be sewn or RF welded into different textile materials. The textile cover is chosen based upon the environmental properties desired. Vinyl, neoprene, silicone and Hypalon® are commonly used materials. Reinforcements include nylon, fiberglass, polyester and Kevlar®. A variety of attachment schemes can be used including Velcro®, zippers, buckles, tie downs and other standard attachments. Camouflage materials can also be used to provide both RF and visual protection. The foam works equally well at millimeter wave frequencies. Laird is working with other companies to provide infrared protection and integrate conductive materials into fabric coatings. A variety of conductive materials are available including Flectron™ nickel/copper coated fabric, aluminized glass mat, lightweight scrims and wire screens.
A service that is competitive, responsive and reliable
Our sales team and engineers are happy to work directly on site with clients always providing a personal and direct approach to fulfilling customer needs
- High quality products that are produced in the UK (not China).
- Local Sales team and engineers available 5 days per week.
- Comprehensive back up and after sales service, with an actual technician ready to listen and help on the telephone 5 days a week. (No automated phone queuing system)
- All products are REACH and ROHS compliant.
- A Reliable, discreet and trustworthy partner with a proven track record in design and engineering.
- Very competitive compared to overseas competition.
- A huge reduction in air miles and lead times compared to overseas suppliers.
- Able to deliver to most destinations in the European Union within 24hrs.
NOTICE: The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. However, since the varied conditions of potential use are beyond our control, all recommendations or suggestions are presented without guarantee or responsibility on our part and users should make their own tests to determine the suitability of our products in any specific situation. This product is sold without warranty either expressed or implied, of fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, except that this product shall be of standard quality, and except to the extent otherwise stated Techni3’s invoice, quotation, or order acknowledgement. We disclaim any and liability incurred in connection with the use of information contained herein, or otherwise. All risks of such are assumed by the user. Furthermore, nothing contained herein shall be construed as a recommendation to use any process or to manufacture or to use any product in conflict with existing or future patents covering any product or material or its use.