RFHC – Treated Honeycomb Core Absorbers
RFHC is a broadband microwave absorbing honeycomb core material. Laird uses either Nomex® or fiberglass honeycomb core and applies a “lossy” coating to it. The RF core can have a uniform coating to optimize insertion loss or a graded coating to optimize reflection loss. The cell sizes generally used are 0.125″ to 0.187″ (3,2 mm to 4,8 mm) thick with densities of 3 to 4 lb./ft3. The performance curve shows the typical performance of a 0.5″ (12,7 mm) thick core, providing good attenuation over a broad frequency range. We can optimize the performance to account for laminated skins or core and can assist in selecting the right materials to minimize performance degradation.
RFHC materials are used as “lossy” loads in spiral antennas and high-power antenna couplers. They are used with laminated skins to manufacture radar absorbing structural (RAS) panels and components. Our engineering staff can design a material that meets your special requirements.
A service that is competitive, responsive and reliable
Our sales team and engineers are happy to work directly on site with clients always providing a personal and direct approach to fulfilling customer needs
- High quality products that are produced in the UK (not China).
- Local Sales team and engineers available 5 days per week.
- Comprehensive back up and after sales service, with an actual technician ready to listen and help on the telephone 5 days a week. (No automated phone queuing system)
- All products are REACH and ROHS compliant.
- A Reliable, discreet and trustworthy partner with a proven track record in design and engineering.
- Very competitive compared to overseas competition.
- A huge reduction in air miles and lead times compared to overseas suppliers.
- Able to deliver to most destinations in the European Union within 24hrs.
NOTICE: The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. However, since the varied conditions of potential use are beyond our control, all recommendations or suggestions are presented without guarantee or responsibility on our part and users should make their own tests to determine the suitability of our products in any specific situation. This product is sold without warranty either expressed or implied, of fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, except that this product shall be of standard quality, and except to the extent otherwise stated Techni3’s invoice, quotation, or order acknowledgement. We disclaim any and liability incurred in connection with the use of information contained herein, or otherwise. All risks of such are assumed by the user. Furthermore, nothing contained herein shall be construed as a recommendation to use any process or to manufacture or to use any product in conflict with existing or future patents covering any product or material or its use.