Tgard 500 Series
Thicker Thermal Insulator Pad Prevents Electrical Shorts In Automotive Electronics Applications
Tgard 500 is a medium thermal performance insulator pad consisting of a ceramic filled high
temperature silcone rubber coated on electrical grade fiberglass.
Tgard 500 is designed for applications that require traditional thickenss to prevent electrical shorts from stamped aluminum heatskinks used in switching mode power supplies (SMPS) and debris from aluminum castings used in automotive motor controls.
• High breakdown voltage of > 6,000 volts AC
• Thermal resistance of 0.48º C-in2/watt at 50 psi
• Thermal resistance of 0.28º C-in2/watt at 400 psi
• Thick enough to encapsulate burrs of stamped heatskinks
|Additional Product Description||Standard thickness:
9 mils (0.229 mm)Configurations available:
• Sheet form, roll form and die-cut parts
• Single-side, pressure-sensitive adhesive on request
|Breakdown Voltage (Volts AC)||> 6000|
|Dielectric Breakdown (VAC)||Voltage >6000, Test Method ASTM D149|
|Dielectric Constant Range||1MHz 3.3, Test Method, ASTM D257|
|Dielectric with Standard Voltage||
4500, Test Method ASTM D149
|Elongation at break||
5 long width or length
0.2 at 45 to Warp/Fill
|Operating Temperature Range (°C)||– 60 to 180|
|Other|| Electrical RTI Temperature Rating: 150C, 302F
Mechanical RTI Temperature Rating: 150
Electrical RTI Temperature Rating – UL 746D
Mechanical RTI Temperature Rating – UL 746D
|Pressure Sensitive Adhesive||Single side adhesive|
Tgard 500 Series
|Roll Size||18″ x 164’|457 mm x 50 m|
|Temperature – Operating (Max Celsius)||180.00|
|Temperature – Operating (Min Celsius)||-60.00|
|Tensile Strength||Mpa 9, psi 1.3k, test method ASTM D412|
|Test Method – Dielectric Breakdown Voltage||ASTM D149|
|Test Method – Dielectric with Standard Voltage||ASTM D149|
|Test Method – Elongation||ASTM D412|
|Thermal Resistance (°C-in²/W)||0.45 (50psi)|
|Thickness Max (mm)||0.23|
|Thickness Min (mm)||0.23|
|UL Flammability Rating||UL 94 V0|
|Volume Resistivity||Volume Resistivity Del 10, Volume Resistivity, ASTM D257|
A service that is competitive, responsive and reliable
Our sales team and engineers are happy to work directly on site with clients always providing a personal and direct approach to fulfilling customer needs
- High quality products that are produced in the UK (not China).
- Local Sales team and engineers available 5 days per week.
- Comprehensive back up and after sales service, with an actual technician ready to listen and help on the telephone 5 days a week. (No automated phone queuing system)
- All products are REACH and ROHS compliant.
- A Reliable, discreet and trustworthy partner with a proven track record in design and engineering.
- Very competitive compared to overseas competition.
- A huge reduction in air miles and lead times compared to overseas suppliers.
- Able to deliver to most destinations in the European Union within 24hrs.
NOTICE: The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. However, since the varied conditions of potential use are beyond our control, all recommendations or suggestions are presented without guarantee or responsibility on our part and users should make their own tests to determine the suitability of our products in any specific situation. This product is sold without warranty either expressed or implied, of fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, except that this product shall be of standard quality, and except to the extent otherwise stated Techni3’s invoice, quotation, or order acknowledgement. We disclaim any and liability incurred in connection with the use of information contained herein, or otherwise. All risks of such are assumed by the user. Furthermore, nothing contained herein shall be construed as a recommendation to use any process or to manufacture or to use any product in conflict with existing or future patents covering any product or material or its use.