Tgard 5000 Series
Thermally conductive electrically insulative material
Tgard 5000 is an excellent dielectric material with good thermal performance consisting of a polyimide film coated with a ceramic-filled, high-temperature silicone rubber.
Tgard 5000 is ideal for applications that require a delta temperature across the interface of 2.0ºC/watt or higher on a TO-220 clip mounted @ 50 psi pressure. Tgard 5000 has high dielectric strength for the AC side of a switching mode power supply. Tgard 5000 is tough resulting in an exceptional cut-through resistant material.
• High dielectric breakdown voltage of 6,000 volts
• Film base resistance cut through
• Thermal resistance of 0.40ºC-in2/watt @ 50 psi clip pressure
• Thermal resistance of 0.23ºC-in2/watt @ 400 psi screw pressure
|Breakdown Voltage (Volts AC)||> 6000|
|Composite Thickness (mil)||5|
|Composite Thickness (mm)||0.13|
|Dielectric Breakdown (VAC)||Voltage >6000, Test Method ASTM D149|
|Dielectric Constant Range||1MHz 3.4, Test Method, ASTM D257|
|Dielectric with Standard Voltage||
4500, Test Method ASTM D149
|Elongation at break||
|Operating Temperature||-60 to 180C (-60 to 356F)|
|Operating Temperature Range (°C)||– 76 to 180|
|Pressure Sensitive Adhesive||Single side adhesive|
Tgard 5000 Series
|Temperature – Operating (Max Celsius)||180.00|
|Temperature – Operating (Min Celsius)||-76.00|
|Tensile Strength||Mpa 40, psi 6.0k, test method ASTM D412|
|Test Method – Dielectric Breakdown Voltage||ASTM D149|
|Test Method – Dielectric with Standard Voltage||ASTM D149|
|Test Method – Elongation||ASTM D412|
|Thermal Resistance (°C-in²/W)||0.35 (50psi)|
|Thickness Max (mm)||0.13|
|Thickness Min (mm)||0.13|
|UL Flammability Rating||UL 94 V0|
|Volume Resistivity||Volume Resistivity Del 10, Volume Resistivity, ASTM D257|
A service that is competitive, responsive and reliable
Our sales team and engineers are happy to work directly on site with clients always providing a personal and direct approach to fulfilling customer needs
- High quality products that are produced in the UK (not China).
- Local Sales team and engineers available 5 days per week.
- Comprehensive back up and after sales service, with an actual technician ready to listen and help on the telephone 5 days a week. (No automated phone queuing system)
- All products are REACH and ROHS compliant.
- A Reliable, discreet and trustworthy partner with a proven track record in design and engineering.
- Very competitive compared to overseas competition.
- A huge reduction in air miles and lead times compared to overseas suppliers.
- Able to deliver to most destinations in the European Union within 24hrs.
NOTICE: The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. However, since the varied conditions of potential use are beyond our control, all recommendations or suggestions are presented without guarantee or responsibility on our part and users should make their own tests to determine the suitability of our products in any specific situation. This product is sold without warranty either expressed or implied, of fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, except that this product shall be of standard quality, and except to the extent otherwise stated Techni3’s invoice, quotation, or order acknowledgement. We disclaim any and liability incurred in connection with the use of information contained herein, or otherwise. All risks of such are assumed by the user. Furthermore, nothing contained herein shall be construed as a recommendation to use any process or to manufacture or to use any product in conflict with existing or future patents covering any product or material or its use.